About 1st Texas Home Health
1st Texas Home Health is a locally owned and operated home health care agency that has served Austin and surrounding communities since 2001. Our staff of highly trained nurses are experienced in wound care, medication and disease management. Our therapists provide physical, occupational, and speech therapies in the convenience of your home. Our Master Social Worker offers assistance with financial and personal care resources to our patients and caregivers.
We remain in constant contact with your physician, providing him/her with up-to-date information about your recovery process.
1st Texas Home Health can put together the pieces of the home health puzzle for you. We specialize in:
- Observing patient-specific health data and reporting to the physician.
- Helping patients and their families to understand and follow physician’s orders regarding nutrition, special diets, medications, and general nursing care.
- Assisting with home management of catheters and feeding tubes.
- Giving injections ordered by the physician and teaching patients and family the proper techniques for doing so.
- Teaching patients how to use a wheelchair, walker, crutches, or cane.
- Helping patients restore strength and independence through physical therapy exercises.
- Educating diabetic patients on how to manage diet, insulin, and other health related measures.
- Enabling the patient with ostomy how to resume a full, active life.
- Assisting patients in the proper use of oxygen and respiratory equipment in home.